Ready for an Upgrade?
You can now save time and water with a Rachio 3 Smart Sprinkler Controller through a new instant rebate program offered by the Regional Water Authority and local water providers.
The Rachio 3 Controller acts like a thermostat for your sprinklers, using local weather conditions to adjust when and how long your sprinklers run. You can also manage the controller from your smart phone with the Rachio app. It’s estimated that replacing a standard controller with a WaterSense-labeled smart controller like the Rachio 3 can save an average home about 13,500 gallons of water per year.
The controller typically retails for about $220 for an eight-zone system and about $270 for a 16-zone system but both are being offered at a reduced rate of $75 plus tax to eligible customers in the Sacramento region. (Installation is not included.)
Maximum of one controller per residence. Discounted controllers are available for a limited time on a first-come, first-served basis until funding is exhausted. See eligibility requirements below.
To be eligible:
- You must be a single-family residential water customer of a participating Regional Water Authority (RWA) member water provider. (Not sure who provides water to your home? You can find out here.)
- Your residential property’s irrigation system must be connected to your water provider’s potable water supply.
- Your residential property must have an existing, functioning in-ground irrigation system, containing no more than 16 zones, which is currently operated by a functioning non-weather based controller.
- Your residential property must have a reliable Wi-Fi service capable of providing a stable signal to the Smart Controller when installed. Wi-Fi service and your Smart Controller shall remain activated at all times.
- You must agree to install the Rachio 3 Controller within two months of the date you receive it.
- You must agree to use, operate and maintain the Rachio Smart Controller to irrigate the outdoor landscaping on your residential property for at least three years after it is installed.
- You understand that installation and use of the Rachio 3 Smart Controller on your property does not guarantee reductions in your water use.
- Rachio 3 Smart Controller’s weather-based feature uses local weather data to adjust water applied to the property. If this feature is utilized, you understand it may increase your water use/monthly bill as weather changes.
A Customer may purchase only one discounted controller under this program per property or service address located within the service area of an RWA member agency under this program.
For a complete list of eligibility requirements, click here.
Questions? Reach out to the Rachio team at email@example.com or call 844-4RACHIO.